Last Friday, ArmyLive posted a video on YouTube from SPC Joe Sanders on suicide prevention as part of National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. SPC Sanders was deployed when he attempted to commit suicide, but fortunately for him his battle buddy was aware of the signs and was able to step in and save him.
Below is a partial list of some of the resources that MHS lists on their Web site:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Army Suicide Prevention Program
- Veterans Health Administration Suicide Prevention Program
- TRICARE – Suicide Prevention Portal
- Real Warriors Campaign
- Army Behavioral Health: Suicide Prevention
- U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventative Medicine Suicide Resources (CHPPM)
- Army Well-Being: Suicide Prevention
PASS TO EVERYONE, YOU NEVER WHO NEEDS IT.
“Ideas Never Die!!”